Welcome to Columbia University's Doctoral
Degree Program in Physical Therapy (DPT)
The Program is one of the oldest yet exceptionally progressive programs to educate students wishing to enter the profession of physical therapy. As an integral part of the College of Physicians and Surgeons, the Program is guided by the principle that the acquisition of knowledge and skills is important in professional education, but far more vital is an understanding of the science, the art and the ethic within which both knowledge and skill are applied. The Program builds its curriculum, selects its faculty and assembles its clinical experiences to develop in its students this understanding of physical therapy.
- Graduating highly qualified clinicians
- Faculty; the breadth and depth of their teaching and research expertise
- Its innovative curriculum
- The breadth and depth of its clinical affiliation network
- Adjunct faculty from the Medical Center and NYC environs who serve as role models and mentors in specialty areas of practice.