There are 2 ways to file an application:
Complete an application between July 1 and August 15, 2015. Have a scheduled program interview in September prior to the program notifying PTCAS of its decision by September 24, 2015 Early decision is binding.
Candidates applying for early decision consideration must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of all the prerequisites for admission, as outlined.
- Completion of the minimum of 75 hours of volunteer or work-related experience in physical therapy.
- Have undergraduate and science prerequisite grade point averages of 3.650 or higher.
- Have minimum GRE scores of 160 (600) verbal reasoning, 148 (600) quantitative reasoning, 4.5 analytical writing.
- Submit 2 academic references and 1 physical therapy reference.
- Submit a resume.
- Have an interview.
Regular Application Process
File your application by the Program’s Deadline Date of December 1, 2015.
It is strongly recommended that applications be filed and completed prior to the deadline date.
Canadian and International Applicants:
Under either application filing process, Canadian and international applicants can file directly with PTCAS. Canadian applicants need to forward an official transcript to the program in addition to filing with PTCAS. International applicants need to have their transcripts evaluated through the World Education Service (www.wes.org) and a copy of this evaluation needs to be sent directly to the program. In determining the equivalency of a Canadian or international applicant's educational background in fulfilling the program's prerequisites for admission, the program is guided by the evaluation of educational credentials provided by the International Students and Scholars Office of Columbia University. The office can be reached at 212-854-3587 or Email: www.columbia.edu/cu/isso